Monday, March 11, 2013

No Complaints

I don't know about other people, but I tend to do a lot of self-talk.
Lately, my self-talk revolves around me telling myself, "you have nothing to complain about". The things I grumble and mumble about are so piddly in the grand scheme of life. The things I think I need aren't needs at all, but simply selfish desires of what I think I should have. 
This morning I was reminded, yet again, that I have no complaints. I started a list in my mind of the things I am so thankful for that I often take for granted.

1. a husband who provides, who goes to/from a very stressful job without complaining
2. a husband who rocks a crying baby to sleep so that I can get a few moments to myself
3. a healthy, happy baby
4. a warm house
5. food in the fridge
6. running water
7. toilet paper in the bathrooms
8. a working car
9. internet, phone
10. at least 5 people that I know I can call at any time of the day 

I'll stop there for now. 
Over a year ago I was challenged by both Oprah and my pastor (in the same week!) to take time each day to write down one thing I'm thankful for, and you can't repeat! It has to be something new each day. And I did it for awhile, and then life, or whatever, happened and it fizzled out. Whether I write it down or mentally think it, I need to be more conscious about thankfulness and less focused on complaints. 


No comments:

Post a Comment