Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Thankfulness

Now (compared to when I was younger and single) being a wife and mother, it's amazing how the simplest events, happenings, moments, things bring me to the deepest gratitude. 
For example,
1. quickly finding a recipe online, in which I already have all the ingredients, while baby is napping
2. putting all those ingredients in the crockpot in 15 minutes while baby happily plays (yes, this recipe was THAT quick! and I'm not a fast cook)
3. being humbled by my super efficiency when the crockpot won't turn on and I think it's broken (and nearly panic)
4. discovering that I needed to push the reset button on the electrical outlet so that crockpot will turn on
5. moby wrap to the rescue soothes a cranky, teething baby
6. rocking baby to sleep in the moby while watching ellen
7. baby sleeps on my chest for an hour and a half, therefore, no time to fix dinner....
8. ....however, crockpot to the rescue- dinner is ready in the crockpot when hubby comes home! 
9. put together a quick, simple salad and dressing
10. eat a homemade, whole foods dinner



and tonight I'm on my knees (figuratively, I'm too worn out for that) in thankfulness. 





No comments:

Post a Comment