Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Aaahhhh Moments

Oprah had the Aha Moments and I've discovered Aaahhh Moments - those moments when everything perfectly aligns and you can sit back and say, "aaaahhhhhh". And I'm not just talking about when baby/kids are in bed either. Yesterday, I experienced such a moment.

My husband and I are sharing a car right now while we wait for his to get fixed, so sometimes the baby and I have a car and sometimes we don't. Yesterday we didn't have one. It was one of those weird winter days that is suddenly warm and spring like. It was cloudy and that morning before the rains came, I loaded baby in the buggy and we walked to CVS. I filled a prescription and did a little shopping and browsed those crazy mags like 'People' and 'Ok'. When we left, he was nearly asleep and it was so warm outside that I decided to take a little walk around the block.

Well, I went a bit further and did a mile. It was wonderful; so nice to have warmer air outside after the freezing and below freezing temps we've had. I noticed that the sidewalks in our neighborhood tend to get a lot of puddles when it rains and I day-dreamed about days when baby is older and we don our wellies and rain coats and go out puddle jumping. As we approached our house I thought about doing another mile, but it was beginning to sprinkle so I headed inside.



Truly, an aaaahhhh moment. Don't we all need more of these in our lives?

No comments:

Post a Comment