Thursday, January 31, 2013

Housecleaning Isn't For Wimps

Part of being a stay at home mom is housecleaning and sometimes you just look at that long list of chores and think "ewww, yuck". And for a moment you idolize those 'cool' working moms that hire housecleaners and you imagine leaving for work looking pretty and dignified and returning home to a clean, spotless house. But actually, there you stand in your work-out clothes, hair in ponytail, baby fussing, and that dreaded list.



Most of the time, I can put on some music, work quickly, and not mind the housecleaning too much. And actually, I like vacuuming. But, I absolutely hate washing dishes. I will do everything possible to avoid washing dishes. I cram as much as I can into my dishwasher so as not to have to physically wash them myself. And I see how irrational this is, because it doesn't really take that long and it's not difficult. I just hate it.








No comments:

Post a Comment