Friday, February 1, 2013

It's So Easy

My mom arrived on Wednesday and is here for a week and a half. Yay! All moms rejoice when they have an extra set of hands and eyes to help them out. Particularly for me, though, because a) it's cold and winter and I feel stuck in a lot of days of late, b) I don't know many people here so having company just makes my day, c) I can finally do those things I never seem to accomplish with caring for baby 24/7, d) I can run errands and go places without getting baby and heavy carrier out of the car and into the cold at every place.

Before she came I chocked my schedule full. I saw my stylist yesterday and am happy to report that after getting 5" taken off, I now have a hairstyle again. Woo-hoo. This coming week I'll get a teeth cleaning, a facial, go on a MNO, have a couple's massage with hubby, and go out to dinner with hubby. I'm more excited than a kid on Christmas morning.


The first day she was here I needed to pick up a few groceries and Yay! for getting to do them by myself and not on the weekend. I love grocery stores so I went to one that I hadn't been to before, which is weird for me because it's only 3 min from my house. I got to browse and look and take my time. And I realized that this grocery store is so much better than the one I normally go to (for the stuff on my list that I can't get at Trader Joe's); they had more healthy, natural, organic options.



Since she's been here, I've gotten to cook dinner uninterrupted, be on the computer for a whole stretch of time uninterrupted, take a shower uninterrupted, etc. etc. And I realized, It's So Easy. I'm not completely exhausted at 8:00 at night when baby goes to bed. I'm not scurrying around like some kind of mad person. And the baby hasn't hardly fussed or cried at all because he's been constantly held - lucky duck, such a spoiled little boy :)


All I've got to say is - When Grandma comes to town, I don't know who is happier --- mom or child? Cause my bet is on mom.

*Clarification: my mom looks 30 years younger than this woman in the photo - but I thought it was so cute and sweet and precious.

No comments:

Post a Comment