Saturday, February 2, 2013

The Fro Yo PlayDate That Wasn't

It was cold yesterday, bitterly cold, but the sun was shining brightly.


I had a scheduled playdate through my meetup.com group, but I kinda didn't want to go out in that freezing cold weather. But I did really really want to chat with moms and begin to make some friendships. (Every other Friday they go to a local Fro Yo place for craft, story, and yogurt and I wasn't able to go the last 3 times.) So I decided to brave the cold.

And I got there and no one from the meetup group came. There had been 7 or 8 moms signed up and only me showed up. There were three other moms and a grandpa/grandma who were there for the event but not part of our group. I couldn't believe it. Of course I just go to socialize since my 4 month old can't do the craft or eat the yogurt. He did sit on my lap and listen to the story - it was so funny; he watched the story lady almost the entire time like he knew what he was supposed to do.

After the activity we fed the baby, had a nice, warm coffee, and a free sample of fro yo. Yummers. We talked to the others that were there. Bundled up and headed back out into the frigidness.



No comments:

Post a Comment